Phew! There’s been quite a few Award Ceremonies for the past week (I think). I think I’m gonna need to take a nap afterwards! 😉
So, before I explain to you about the Versatile Blogger Award, the rules, and the whole enchilada, I would like to thank the blogger who nominated me. Let’s give another round of applause for Tammy from Walk with me on my journey of illness to the road of happiness and a life of fulfillment! (Yaaaay!!) Tammy is an awesome blogger who, even though has to juggle various chronic illnesses, doesn’t let that stop her as she blogs about finding the positives in life, engaging in mindfulness, and learning more about the “wise mind” (I love that!). She also posts some great songs too taken from YouTube. I’d strongly recommend that you check out her blog.
Now onto “The Versatile Blogger Award 101”. Hope you brought your pillows class… 😉
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
According to the dictionary, one of the definitions of “versatile” means “to move easily from one subject, task, or skill to another.” In other words, it is an individual who is multi-talented and resourceful. To break the concept down of this award even more, I love the way that the Versatile Blogger Award blog explains how a nominee is chosen:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Pretty much, when nominating an individual, how much does their blog move you? Do you look forward to reading their posts everyday? When finished with reading their posts, do you feel a sense of contentment and inspiration? There are several blogs on WordPress that make me want to jump up and down, and clap my hands whenever I see a new post. Now THAT would be the type of blog that deserves this award! 🙂
If I am nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award…then what??
Here are the following steps you need to take if you are nominated for this award:
1. In your post, thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
2. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
3. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And lastly, don’t forget to copy and paste the Versatile Blogger Award to your page!
7 Random Things About Myself!
I’m gonna make this a little backwards (since I want to save the best for last–announcing the 15 nominees of course!). So I’ll tell you seven random things about me…
- I graduated from Worcester State University with a BS in Psychology…but I am anything BUT sane!
- I can sing the alphabet backwards.
- I still love watching cartoons.
- My favorite colors are pink and yellow.
- I am a random person—beware! My irrelevant mind might scare you. 😉
- I can lift one brow and not both of them at the same time—I never knew that was a “talent” until someone told me.
- I wish I could walk on my hands.
Now since the enchilada has been dished out, served, and eaten up…
It’s time to announce the 15 Nominees that I have chosen for the Versatile Blogger Award!!!
8. Mind Chatter
10. Painful Hilarity
11. I’m LEGSinger
15. Owls and Orchids
Congratulations to the lovely 15 nominees!!! 😀
…and I think I’m ready for a nap now!